Thursday, February 4, 2016

Books on CD

We drive a lot!  It might be to activities, grandparents houses, etc.  My kids have tablets, watch shows etc.  I am not too proud to admit that, but sometimes they even get sick of the gadgets and they were always wanting me to read.  Well if I am driving that is not an option and plus I get car sick super easy these days.  So, when another great neighbor (See a theme here) told me her son was really into listening to books on CD, I thought BINGO!  I got the kids some of their favorite book series (another post for later on) and thought we would try it out.  You have to love this because it is free if you get them at the library!  The kids loved it and were even listening to them in a big CD player we had upstairs before bed.  However, my husband was a little less than thrilled that we had to listen along with them.  So I did some checking on BestBuy and they actually still sell portable CD players!

We got the Insignia  CD Player which was around $20.  They come with headphones, but not great  ones.  My kiddos all have the PotteryBarn Headphones for their tablets and we have loved them.  They hold up and are comfortable.  My only complaint is there isn't any sound control.  I heard lots of friends with young kiddos raving about the KidRox Headphones for this reason.  They have a max of 85db and are also super reasonable.

So try it out!  They have all kinds of levels of books on CD from the read along short books to chapter books to long non-fiction!


Best Buy Insignia CD Player

PotteryBarn Headphones

KidRox Headphones

No comments:

Post a Comment