Saturday, February 6, 2016

Kids Masterpieces, Take a Photo and Purge!


When your first child starts Preschool they start bringing home beautiful works of macaroni art.  You Ooh and Aah over each one and if you are like me, you start saving them.  Goodness who knew they would have a masterpiece EVERYDAY!  So everything starts collecting.  Then you have child 2 and then 3.  They go to elementary school and it slows down but there are still awards, etc.  I could be buried in a pile of "keepsakes".  I am sentimental, but if you know me I am a realist.  Seriously people, no 30 something your old really cares about their macaroni art from when they were 3. Ok, so you still want to keep some stuff and so did I.  So here is my trick.

  • I collected all the preschool art I liked.  Each of my kids gets one Rubbermaid Bin.  Once they were done with Preschool I took pics of each piece I really liked.  I threw everything away once I took the pics.  Then I made a Shutterfly book with a pic of their preschool at the beginning, a pic of them and then all their art.  (Shh, I haven't ordered them yet)
  • I still keep a Rubbermaid bin for each of them, but if it ever gets full, that is it, so it will force me to continue to purge.   
  • If you are truly good, you can take pics and purge as you go and just keep an album on your photo site until you are ready to make the book.
Remember you love your child and what they did,  not pieces of paper!  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment