Thursday, February 4, 2016

Cozi

Organization is what really spurred on this blog to begin with, so Cozi is my new partner! A former co-worker and friend introduced me to it over lunch a couple of weeks ago.  Cozi is an app that you can put on your phone and really anyone in your family, a nanny, grandparent etc. can be a part of it.  You have one log in for the app and you share it so you are all seeing the same "site".  So what does it do?  I am using it for To Do lists, Shopping lists, Shared Calendar and more.

Early in our marriage it became clear that my husband is a huge help around the house and with the kids, but he doesn't "anticipate" or "see" what needs to be done.  We both agreed that he just wanted a list.  So I had a paper list on the counter that I would add to when ever I had something for him to do.  This is great until it is phone calls, etc that would be easier for him to do on his drive or at work.  It is also a little frustrating because there are some To Dos that need to be done today and some that could be done this season.  Same goes for shopping, I might have a Target list and need dish soap today, but also need a lamp for one of the kids rooms.  I dont need that today, but I would like to remember when I go to Target to watch for it.  This is where having it on a phone vs. a piece of paper really comes in handy.

So here is the run down of what I love about the Cozi App.

  • Its FREE.  You can get an upgraded version if you pay, but I haven't found that necessary. 
  • Its easy!  I wasn't looking for something too complicated to start with.  I didn't want too many functions.  
  • I can make multiple To Do lists.  We have one for each of us and a shared one of projects we would like to accomplish.
  • I can do the same for Shopping Lists.  I have Grocery, Target, Ikea, and a general Home list.  My Ikea and Home lists are ones where I might not be shopping for something today, but it sure is nice when you finally find yourself at that place to know what you thought of 3 months ago that you would like to pick up.
  • Calendar, my husband doesn't like having personal stuff on his work Outlook.  I totally get this, but he constantly wants to know for his work travel if we have something going on for such and such date.  I can now have everything on Cozi for him.  I see this being great if you have older kids with phones too!  (downside, I haven't found a way to upload my outlook to it so I am doing double entry right now)
  • I used to write my grocery shopping down in sections for where the items were in the store, and I havent found a way to do that with the app.  It hasn't really been a problem though and it sure beats juggling a pen and paper.
So check it out.  I am sure there are tons of other organizing apps out there so let me know if you have one you like to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment