Saturday, February 13, 2016

Creamy White Chicken Chili

Its cold so I thought I would make my first recipe a Soup.  This chili is a nice change from my standard red/beef option.  Not to brag but I did win a Chili contest at Justin's work one year with this.  It is a little spicy, but super yummy!

1 lb chicken breast, cut in small cubes or shredded)
1 small onion chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cans white beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can (14 1/2 oz) Chicken Broth
2 (4oz) cans chopped green chilis
3 carrots sliced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp red cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream


Saute chicken in oil w/onion & garlic powder
Boil carrots for 8 min
In a large saucepan add chicken, broth, chilies, beans, carrots and spices
Bring to a Boil
Reduce heat and simmer 30 min
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream

Takes about 40 min.  I know this will serve a 4-5 person family (with small kids), but I typically double so that I have left overs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment