Monday, February 8, 2016

Paperwork- "Initial Intake"


Paperwork is always a struggle, the first phase is the "initial intake".  The mail comes in, lots of papers from school etc.  I really can't stand having papers on my counters.  Plus if things aren't kept in some sort of organized fashion it is almost guaranteed that homework, or bills will be lost.  My son gets a packet of homework from his teacher each week and has the week to complete it.  This is great, but means we aren't doing a worksheet and sending it right back.  This wall organizer is perfect for the initial paperwork drop!  We also keep the kids school library books in it so they don't get mixed up with our public library books.  I got this at Home Goods (my favorite place) but they sell them at Hobby Lobby and other stores.  They also have them in all kinds of material if metal, etc. is more your look.  Each of us has a bin.  (If you don't have kids at home anymore you could create categories such as Bills, Magazines, etc.)  The kids know that they have to put papers in their bin and that is where they find their homework.  We have once a week that my husband and I go through the bins if we need to discuss any of the paperwork.  It works great and the bins are small enough that you can't let it get out of control!  Phase 2 coming soon!


P.S.  I need to work on my photography :)  My laundry room where this resides is my least favorite room in the house and I am working to tackle that this spring!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment